Sunday 6 July 2014

 The Grand Opening Of Topstitch Fleetwood

Topstitch opened just over three weeks ago and has been doing well ever since.

Do you remember as a child baking with your Mum at the weekends? Well count yourself lucky, my Mum wasn't the best cook so it wasn't something I did often, but I wont complain. It's that lack of home economics skills that lead me towards sewing.

Crafting was a normal part of growing up for me and I'm so glad its lead me to opening my own shop in my hometown of Fleetwood.

The shop is all about getting back to your crafty roots and making, doing and mending which was once the norm but has now been replaced by this throw away nature which comes with cheap clothes and mass produced products.

My aim is to get people back in to crafting by showing them how to sew, print and generally get crafting.

For all those well seasoned crafters I offer them the opportunity to sell their handmade goods in the shop and hopefully give them the confidence to keep going.

Its only week three and so far I am overwhelmed by the response to the shop and have even featured in a local newspaper  . Fingers crossed this is the start of something great for local crafters and those just starting out.

No comments:

Post a Comment